Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I Almost Forgot.......

So my son kinda got lost on a mountain yesterday.

He decided to go hiking with a friend up to a cave. His mom gave him a walkie-talkie to take so they could communicate. Well, when I went to pick him up, his mom told me he had not responded yet. It had been about 30 minutes since he last talked.

Inside myself I was worried. So I kinda ran up the mountain, to a cave, where his mom said they might be. They weren't there. So I ran across the mountain, while yelling his name. Still no response. I ran almost a mile away from where I had started, so I stopped and turned back. and I continued to run back.

When I got back to his mom, I decided this time to take the walkie up the mountain with me. And at this time, there was still no response from Alex. It had been over an hour. I was exhausted physically. Mentally I was almost there. I had to find him though. So I ran up the mountain again, though this time my legs did not want to move. Fortunately I did make it to the top.

I called on the walkie again at the top, and this time he answered. What a sigh of relief. Yet I couldn't understand a word he was saying. I began trying to guide them towards me. That did not work.

They finally said something I could hear, "they were heading down to the road by where they go shooting". I still had no idea which road, but it was a start. I called up his mom and told her what I heard them say. She sorta knew where that was, so she decided to drive down the road next to the mountain to see if she could see them. While I sat on the mountain trying to figure out where they were.

Now to end the story, she found them. I got off the mountain. Alex and his friend are safe. And I am sore today from running. I have a feeling Alex will be one of those kids that will give me scares like this alot. I'm just glad he is safe.

4 comments:

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

Oh my gosh Syd....what a horrible helpless feeling....was this in Vernal? I had a few of those moments with both Kati and Rob when they were little, and frankly, I will never forget the feeling of "where do I look and where do I go now" thank heavens everything is ok....good ending!!

carter said...

Oh my GOSH!! That would of freaked me out! I'm glad that you found him. I'm sure it seemed like forever until you were with him.

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

Hey there, our blog is going privite on Wednesday and we would love to add you to our site .. our email address is schrodkids@yahoo.com if you would like to send us your email address...thanks tons

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for your post, it makes us have more and more discs in our life, So kind for you, I also hope you will make more and more excellent post and let’s more and more talk, thank you very much, dear.
happy wheels
super mario bros
pacman
agario

 
Xanderville